Friday, May 28, 2010

Asking And Questioning God

"And in that day ye shall ask me nothing.  Verily, verily, I say unto you, whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you" (John 16:23).

As I consider my faith my faith have I come to the place where I ask whether the resurrected life of Jesus manifested in me.  Have I come to a total reliance on Him?  Am I living that life now? If not, why shouldn't I be?  Jesus is pointing out that there will come a day when I will not have a need to ask him for and about anything.  When is that day? When He makes us one with the Father.  When is that?  When the resurrected life of Jesus is being manifested in our lives.  After all the questions are asked we come to the place where there are no more questions; they are all gone. 

There may at this time be some things that you have darkening your understanding, but we do not let them come between us and God, our heart and His.  "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me" (John 14:1). We arrive to the destination we are all looking for, the place where we are so certain that God will bring things out in accordance with His will; there then is Christ manifested in us and there is no need to question.  If there are things still a mystery to you and this mystery, this lack of understanding that is causing you to question, then the problem is that we try to look for the explanation in our intellect.  Look for it in your disposition, it is that which is wrong.  Now, when our disposition is willing to submit to the sovereignty of God and to the life of Jesus, then our understanding will become and be perfectly clear.  Now, there will be no distance between us and our God and Savior.  We have become one with the Father and with our Savior Jesus.  There will be no longer any need to question or ask of anything.


It is our hearts that must be healed, changed, renewed, for in our hearts come things that either are opposed to God or yield to our carnal nature.  We have such a abhorrence to the word submission, yet, it is only by submitting our will to that of God that the resurrected life may be manifested in us.  This submitted life is where joy, the deep satisfying internal attitude, not just happiness guided and dependent on external circumstances, that our soul desires.  Yield to Him and allow His promise of help enter into our lives.  "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you" (John 14: 16-18). 

Daily Prayer:

Father thank you for Your promises for they are faithful and true, reliable, and gives me hope and peace.  I pray to come to You yielded and submitted for You are my God and Savior.  Into Your hands I place my soul, my life, use it to bless others, bringing them to Your truth so they too may have the opportunity to receive You as Savior and have life eternal with You.                                         Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment