Friday, May 21, 2010

The All Powerfull God--Omnipotent

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh:  is there any thing too hard for me" (Jeremiah 32:27)?

As I sit here and write a smile crosses my face and I want to break out into laughter.  Not because God is Omnipotent, but because often I have doubted Him, supposing that this-or-that situation is impossible.  Then I attempt to work the problem out in my strength.  Have you ever done such a thing?  We put limits on God!  We forget that there are no surprises to God!  God is eternal and knows all, he is Omniscient!  Did He or did He not create the universe, setting time in motion?  Does He see the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end?  And yet, I doubt, I worry that this time the problem is "humongous" and seemingly impossible.  "For with God nothing shall be impossible" (Luke 1:37).  I am laughing at myself for being so foolish, so slow to believe, to allow God to be sovereign in my life. 

I look to those great moments written in the Bible and often see myself doing what those great men of God had done in moments of frustration.  Moses, leading the people out of Egypt took on a huge project, leading people who often complained:  "Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink.  And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me?  wherefore do ye tempt the LORD? And the people thirsted there for water; and the people murmured against Moses, and said, Wherefore, is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst"  (Exodus 17:2-3)?  Now that sounds just like me, saying; "I have gone to church regularly, pray often, read my Bible often, go to Bible studies, and have You led me into this dark Place?  If so Why?"  Why have you allowed me to get into this mess?  As if all that I am doing is anything to God, as if I can work and receive anything from Him, as if He doesn't see my plight so I have to make sure He knows so I complain to Him.  Now that is laughable!  Who am I before a Great and Mighty God, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent? 

Unless I draw back to God I will attempts to "fix" the problem, my own efforts, and all too often only become more frustrated, then, at last, I come to my senses and as King David writes: "In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears....As for God, his way is perfect: the word of he LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him....(Psalm 18: 6, 30).  There it is, the answer, it is found in God's Word, through His Word I can sense and hear the leading of the Holy Spirit, then I can go forward through the problem for God will:  "For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?  It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect" (Psalm 18: 312-32). 

I do not know what you are facing today, but I do know from where is our help.  It is God, our Omnipotent God, I can rest in Him.  The laughter has turned to a chuckle, the smile that one makes when truth becomes apparent.  Join with me in praising our God and our Savior for He knows our every care and in His sovereignty everything is under control. 

Daily Prayer:

Father it is wonderful to know that You are eternal and that You love us so much that You sent Your Son to die to pay our debt of sin.  Furthermore, Father you Holy Spirit live within all believers to give peace, guidance.  Help me to learn to rest in You, to allow You to lead me, to trust You more.             Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment